Monday, April 28, 2014

Things to come, a teaser post

A quick view at Ravelry shows that I have been knitting for 10 years come this fall.

A decade of fiber and creating.
One hundred and twenty months of making things and sharing them.

Some of that time includes spinning.
Some of that time includes designing my own patterns.

Most of that time has been making things and not writing down how I did what I did to make what I made.

The good news is that a new pattern will be written up soon! The first prototype was finished and soon a second test will be done. And then a document and some photos put together. Finally, the results will be published.

The Hoodie Scarf. Coming soon!





In other news I finally went to a local fiber event. I got to attend the Back to Back Wool Challenge.
An annual get together of spinners and knitters to see if they can beat last year's record of time from raw wool to sweater.


The participants used spinning wheels and supporters had drop spindles, wheels, looms, hooks and needles in use all around.



Watching them go has reminded me of my own spinning wheel, terribly neglected as it has been. Soon, it will come back out for use. I will make a new attempt at using all those rovings and batts that I have been collecting.

Sooooon.....


No comments:

On the Needles

  • Lacy Shrug with Fluffy Cuffs
  • cat toys
  • Scarf to go with gloves
  • Entrelac Blanket