Monday, October 6, 2008

Progress check on the Laudry Soap Bag

You may recall, back in this post, I mentioned working with two yarns in two different colors.

It is my first foray into this skill set.

I mentioned that I might give you a sneak peak into my progress. Please keep in mind that this item is still on large circular needles and is not quite showing the full potential, yet.

Here you go:



The shaping of this item is going to resemble a pottery vase. It will have a slight flair to the top, a narrow "neck" and then it expands into the full size.
As you can see there is not a lot of progress, but I only get a couple of hours a week to work on it since it is knit only at the laundromat.
The picture is just to show off the color work I have done so far. Each bit is freehand with no charts or drawings to guide me.
I expect it will look nicer when washed and shaped.

I must say, I am getting the hang of handling two yarns in my hands and not getting them twisted up. I look forward to future projects like this.

No comments:

On the Needles

  • Lacy Shrug with Fluffy Cuffs
  • cat toys
  • Scarf to go with gloves
  • Entrelac Blanket