Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Damned if it didn't happen again.

Sorry about that.....
So, how about an update?


First, the cooking side:


















Pictured on the left, two pounds of strawberries sliced up and I-don't-know-how-much frozen berry mix from Trader Joe's, covered with about a quarter cup of honey.
This was placed in the slow cooker, put on low and stirred occasionally over a 4-6 hour time.

The result is a tart and tasty fruit compote that can be added on top of anything.
It is even better warm, but you can chill or freeze it to keep it around.
Bonus: Add some cream cheese and use it as a spread on biscuits.

It has been received with much love by my partner. Often, with a quick request for more.






During the time I have not been blogging (or knitting), I have been studying photography.
I have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MariMixedArts
There is an etsy page for signed prints, as well as other sites for direct ordering prints.




While I have not been knitting, I have been moving (again).
And happily, I have acquired a new bed that has drawers attached. And those drawers fit all my yarn with room left over.

I believe this means I need more yarn.
You agree, don't you?

No comments:

On the Needles

  • Lacy Shrug with Fluffy Cuffs
  • cat toys
  • Scarf to go with gloves
  • Entrelac Blanket