Thursday, October 3, 2013

Another post about FOOD!

Even though I do have knitting projects I am working on (as well as other bits of creating), I find myself inspired to post recipes right now.

I blame Pintrest.

And now for one of the most favorite dishes in my household:

Cheesy Noodle Mix
(It is so loved, that it has to be made in a double batch, but I am posting the original recipe)

Software:
2 cups medium shell pasta
1lb Spicy Italian Sausage(1)
2 cups FINELY(2) shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 can Rotel; Drained
1/2 cup sour cream

Hardware:
1 large pot for cooking pasta
1 skillet for browning sausage
spatula for breaking up sausage and stirring it
spoon for stirring pasta

Step 1: Get that water boiling for the pasta.

Step 2: Remove sausage from the casing, break it up and get it good an brown in the skillet.

Step 2.5: During the sausage cooking, water should be boiling, so add the pasta. Timing usually works that when the pasta is done, so is the sausage.

Step 3: Drain Pasta thoroughly, then add Sausage to Pasta.

Step 4: Add Cheese and mix in.

Step 5: Add Rotel and sour cream and mix that in too.

Step 6: Once it is good and mixed (looking like the picture below), dish and EAT!
Step 6.5: If you made a double batch like I do, remember to get the extra into your storage tubs pretty quickly. If you don't get lunches dished up, even the extra may get picked up for extra helpings at dinner.




(1) the emphasis is placed because I tried it once with a thick shred and it was lumpy. Learn from my fail.
(2)- we have been using spicy Italian turkey sausage, to avoid pork. You can find chicken ones in most markets at the meat counter.

No comments:

On the Needles

  • Lacy Shrug with Fluffy Cuffs
  • cat toys
  • Scarf to go with gloves
  • Entrelac Blanket