Friday, May 30, 2008

Blast from the Past: April 4th, 2008

On Tuesday this week I had a bit of an accident.

I was on my way back to the office from doing the deposit and there was a bare sprinkling of water from the sky.
My scooter and I had just turned on to Little Creek Rd, down by Ward's Corner for you locals, and we found a large freshly moistened oil slick.

I did not see the oil slick when I turned the wheel slightly. I did see the ground as the scooter went sideways and fell out from beneath me.

Skipping details....

Yesterday I was able to walk around the parking lot of my apartment and even went next door to the store that sells stuff for handicap peoples. I picked up a nice new cane with a comfort grip.



Within an hour of getting it home, I had knitted a soft cover for the grip, making it more comfortable.



Since the weather is rather nice I get to wear a lighter coat, rather like a suit jacket.So today, I was limping around in a jacket, with a cane and a pocket full of Vicodin.




It's not lupus.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

On the Needles

  • Lacy Shrug with Fluffy Cuffs
  • cat toys
  • Scarf to go with gloves
  • Entrelac Blanket